Todays recipe will turn a plain cupcake into a little individual sponge cake.
- Cupcake recipe
- 3 cups Icing sugar
- 2 cups Butter
- Food colouring (purple and blue)
- Strawberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 190°C and prepare your cupcake cases. Make up a mix of the cake recipe and put it into the cupcake cases, bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- While they are baking make up the buttercream by softening the butter in a bowl and add in the icing sugar a little bit at a time.
- Split the buttercream into thirds and add in the food colours to two of the bowls and leave one plain.
- Once the cupcakes are ready and have cooled a little remove them from the cases and cut them in half. To one half add some jam and on the other half add a small amount of plain buttercream.
- Put the two halves together and cover the outside of the cupcake in the plain buttercream.
- Fill a piping bag that has a nozzle that creates a star like pattern with one of the colours and go around piping onto the cake halfway up starting from the bottom. Then do the same with the second colour until the cake is completely covered
This does take some time to do but it looks so good, I loved making these it was a lot of fun!
Hope you enjoyed this and I’ll see you next time,