I don’t know about everyone else, but right now I’m a little bit cactus obsessed. I have 3 that sit on my window and I love them they look great. So for this blog I’m gonna show you how to make a paper cactus!
You will need:
- 2 sheets of coloured card (Green and Yellow)
- Mod Podge
- We will start by making the Plant pot for the cactus. Take your yellow piece of card and cut out a strip 15cm x 1cm and another 15cm x 3cm. Then cut out 2 circles with a diameter of 4cm
- Glue the thin strip on top of the 3cm strip and press down to secure it. Once that has dried fit it around one of the circles you cut out and glue it together as shown in the picture.
- Next we will start on the cactus. Draw and cut out a template of the shape you want then draw around it 6 times. Cut them out and then fold them in half.
- Glue them together by adding glue to half of the cactus and join it to another half until you have made the whole cactus.
- Take the cactus and glue it to the other circle you cut out. Then once that is dry glue that to the little plant pot.
- To decorate I used a black pen and added dots to make it look a bit more like the cactus is in soil.
There it is, a super cute little cactus made out of paper/card.
These are so simple to make and they look so cute I actually love how it looks.
Let me know if you liked this and I’ll see you next time