I love things being colourful so I really wanted to try and make a rainbow/multi-coloured cupcake.
- Cupcake Recipe (I’ll link my recipe here)
- Food colouring (Yellow, orange, pink, purple, blue, and green)
- Pre heat your over to 180°C and prepare a tray with cupcake cases.
- Split your cupcake recipe mix into six bowls and mix in the food colouring to each bowl.
- Place a blob of each colour into the centre of the cupcake cases until you have done one of every colour and the cases are about half way full
- Bake them for 20-30 minutes then allow to cool.
- For decoration I had leftover caramel buttercream so I used that to decorate them. Of course you can use whatever buttercream you like.
These turned out so different than I expected it to but they still look really cool and I love how they turned out. They also tasted really great, if you’re interested in finding out how to make the caramel buttercream I’ll link it here for you.