Today I’ll be making a Caramel buttercream for you. Because the process for the caramel sauce is really hard to stop and take progress photos for there is a video on YouTube that I found the recipe so I will share that for you here
Also the cupcakes I made here are just my Sponge recipe that I’ll link here for you
- 150g Butter
- 150g icing sugar
- Caramel sauce
- 100g sugar
- 30g butter
- 30 ml double cream
Directions for Caramel Sauce:
- First step is to make the caramel sauce, I recommend leaving it in the fridge for a little while so it can firm up.
- So measure out all your ingredients into separate bowls so it’s easier to work with because caramel is quite a fast paced thing to make so you need to work quickly.
- Place the sugar into a large pan on a medium heat. Wait until the sugar starts to melt, you notice this around the edges most, and start to stir until it turns a light brown colour.
- As soon as the sugar changes colour add in the butter and whisk carefully until the butter melts. Remove from the heat and add in the double cream whisking constantly until it is combined. Put it into a bowl into the fridge to set for a bit.
Directions for Caramel Buttercream:
- Soften the butter by mixing it on a low speed, mix in the icing sugar a little at a time until fully combined.
- Add in the caramel sauce and mix slowly until combined. I used one batch of the sauce for this and I wish I had used a little bit more just to add more flavour.
- Add the buttercream into a piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes. ( I just used my basic cupcake recipe for this)
There we have it, this recipe actually left me with some left over buttercream so I just put it in the fridge until the next time I made cupcakes. You might see them soon.
Hope you enjoyed this, I’ll see you next time!