So this week will be a 2 part blog the first will be a Pizza dough and the next will be pizza roses, I’m really excited to be making these because it’s been something I’ve been wanting to try for a while.
- 1 cup warm water ( roughly 40°C)
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- Measure out the water into a measuring cup or a bowl, then add yeast and sugar. Stir gently and let sit until active and foamy, this should happen within 5 minutes
- Stir the salt, oil, and 2 cups of flour into a large bowl, stirring in the yeast mixture as you go, using a wooden spoon. Add the third cup of flour and then stir until you can’t stir it anymore. Remove the spoon and use your hands to work the dough into a ball that is slightly sticky.
- Spray a second large bowl with non-stick cooking spray. Add your pizza dough into the bowl and spray the top lightly with cooking spray and cover tightly in cling film. Place in a warm area of the kitchen and let it double in size for about 2 hours.
- After the 2 hours the dough is ready to use. You can also wrap it in cling film and freeze for 1 month.
This pizza dough worked out great, I had my doubts about it because usually when I use the gluten free flour it doesn’t always work out the best but this one was a success for me.
To see one of the many things that you can make from this pizza dough then look out for my next blog which will be Pizza Roses!
Hope you enjoyed this one, see you next time!