I’ve had a slow cooker for a while now and I don’t know why but this is the first time I’ve had the idea to do a slow cooker recipe.
- 3 Large Chicken Breast fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 2 (28oz) Cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Penne pasta
- 1 ½ cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper then place into the slow cooker.
- In a large bowl combine chopped tomatoes, onion, basil, oregano, and parsley. Mix together and then add it into the slow cooker stirring to combine with the chicken. Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours (Check after 4, It depends on the slow cooker you have but they might need a little longer)
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and using two forks shred the chicken.
- Cook the pasta in a pot according to the packaging and then drain it.
- Stir the pasta and shredded chicken into the slow cooker and top it with the cheese. Cook on low for a further 10-20 minutes (or until the cheese has melted), then serve.
This is a great recipe if you’re heading out and want to have a dinner ready for coming back home. Literally Slow Cookers are one of the best inventions ever made, they make days where you’ve been working the whole day a lot easier. I really need to start using mine more!
Hope you all enjoyed this recipe, see you next time.