Yesterday was a really special day for me, that’s because it was my fur babies birthday!
He turned 5 yesterday and I really can’t believe that this year marks the 5 years that we have had him. We got him in August but we counted back and found that his birthday was in April, he is the most amazing little dog in the world and he has really made my life so much better just by being a part of it!
As you can probably remember from my past blogs, whenever I try make my dog a treat he is so fussy that he doesn’t like anything I make. So for his birthday I was determined I was making him something that I knew for sure he would like.
I also just want to say that the way I cooked the ingredients I removed any salt and flavouring harmful to my dog so to my knowledge its dog friendly.
- 3 medium/large Potatoes, Peeled and chopped
- 1 small Chicken breast Fillet
- 1 slice beef ham
- Once potatoes are peeled and chopped, boil them in a pot of hot water until they are soft. You will also need another pot to boil the small chicken breast fillet as it’s the best way to cook it for a dog.
- With the beef ham slice I fried It using coconut oil (which I researched and is really good for dogs), once It was cooked I dabbed of any excess oil.
- Once the chicken and beef were cooked I chopped them into smaller chunks. Then once the potatoes were soft I added a very small amount of butter to them and mashed them.
- Next step is to place cling film on the inside of the 2 dishes just so that it is easier to remove.
- Add a layer of the cooled mashed potato to both of the dishes smoothing with the back of a spoon.
- Then add a good layer of chicken to one dish and then the beef to another pressing it down slightly.
- Top them with a thinner layer of potatoes and place in the fridge for a few minutes to harden slightly.
- Remove from the dish and place them on top of each other making sure the thinner potato layers are touching. Then just as you would with a cake when frosting it, put the mash potatoes around the side of the tower.
I finally managed to make him something that he loved! It was a bit big for him so he ate a half for dinner and a half for later on.
Oh and again I want to state I just put the candle on it for decoration, I didn’t actually light it :)!
Well I hope you all enjoyed this one as much as my Cheeko did, see you for the next one