– ½ cup hot water
– ½ cup salt
– 1 cup flour
– Acrylic Paint (2 colours of your choice)
1. Mix together the flour and salt then slowly add the water a little at a time until a dough is formed (if it’s too sticky you can add a little more flour)
2. Roll out the dough to ½ inch and then cut out a circle shape using a cookie cutter.
3. Gently press your dogs paw into the centre of the circle. Or as close to the centre as you can get, this was the most challenging part of the DIY because all my dog wanted to do was sniff the dough
4. Using a cocktail stick pierce a hole in the top of the circle wiggling it about to make sure it is wide enough for the string to fit through
5. Place on the oven tray and bake at 110 °C for roughly 3 hours
6. Once cool you can paint the ornaments in your chosen colours and once that is dry you can paint a layer of glue over the top to prevent the paint from chipping. Once the glue is dry you can attach the string and hang up your new ornament.
This was so much fun to make, I think it made it more fun that my dog was completely not interested in helping me at all and he was just being super funny the whole time.
Hope you enjoyed this, see you next time