We will be making a Cloud Marquee today because they’re really pretty and i wanted to find a DIY that i could use the lights i bought!
For todays DIY you will need:
- LED Lights (battery operated)
- Hot Glue gun
- Draw the cloud shape you want onto cardboard and then cut it out once you are happy. Remember don’t make it too big or you may not have enough lights to go all the way around it.
- Draw a smaller cloud shape inside of the one you have just cut out and carefully cut out the inside making sure you don’t cut through the outline, like shown in the picture below.
- Using a pencil mark out the placement of the lights and once you are happy use the scalpel to cut a cross so the lights can get through the cardboard. You can also use a pencil if that doesn’t fully work, and then you can place your lights in the spaces.
- Measure out the height of the cardboard that you will need for the inside and outside of the cloud shape just a few cm above where the lights end. Once you have that, cut a long strip of cardboard to the height you measured.
- Hold the strip of cardboard against the piece with the lights attached and mark where the cardboard meets the strip.
- Use the glue gun and first attach the inside strip and then the outer part. Then remove the lights and paint it black.
- Once dry insert the lights again and you are done.
I’m so glad I decided to make this, I love how it turned out. I did try get a picture with the lights turned on but it didn’t really come out very clear, sorry about that.
Hope you guys liked it, I’ll see you next time.