The first blog for this week is still continuing with the Easter theme. I will be making Easter Cupcakes for you!
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 200g butter
- 3 eggs
- 200g Gluten free self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Green food colouring
- Mini eggs
- 2 cups softened butter
- 3 cups icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and set out the cupcake cases onto a tray.
- Mix the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs into the mix one at a time and then add the vanilla, mixing until it is smooth.
- Sift in the baking powder and the flour mixing until well combined
- Put the mixture into the cupcake cases filling them about half way. Bake them for about 20 minutes.
- Add the butter into a bowl and mix to soften it. Add in the icing sugar a little at a time until all the icing sugar is mixed into the butter then add a little green food colouring
- Put the buttercream into a piping bag with the nozzle shown and pipe onto the cooled cupcakes so that the decoration looks like grass.
- Add on the mini eggs and you’re finished.
Cupcakes are one of my favourites to make because I absolutely love decorating them, there is so much you can do and I just want to always improve my skills. Hope you guys enjoyed this, see you next time.