Mother’s day is on the 26th march here in Scotland so this week I’ll be posting baking blogs! I’m gonna be treating my mum to some gluten free baking just for her.
- 100g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 175g gluten free plain flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- A little water
- Icing sugar made up with a little water.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the sugar and butter together in a bowl until light and fluffy then add in the vanilla
- Sift in the flour and xanthan gum into the bowl and mix well. At first you will have what looks like bread crumbs but once it’s pressed together it’ll form a dough. You might also need to add a little of the water in to hold it all together.
- Roll out the dough to about 5mm thick and cut out your heart shapes, also use a little heart to cut out of the middle of half of the hearts you make.
- Place them onto the tray and bake for 25 to 30 minutes and allow to cool.
- Make up a little amount of the icing sugar and water and then drizzle that over the heart biscuits missing the middle. Like in the picture.
- Then with the whole biscuits, spread the jam all over it and then top with the icing biscuits.
These tasted so good, I absolutely love making my biscuit recipes. Also my mum loved them and that was the main point of making them.
I’ll be back next time with a little bit more challenging bake for Mother’s day!