I’m sticking with Gluten free for this next baking post of this week. You’ll probably notice by now that quite a lot of the recipes I put on here are Gluten free, i just like being able to bake and not leave anyone out so the Gluten free lets my mum join in and enjoy my recipes.
This recipe is one that everyone loved, so i hope you enjoy it as much as we did
– 275g gluten free self raising flour
– 225g butter, softened
– 225g caster sugar
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 4 tablespoons milk
– 4 large eggs
– Grated zest of 2 lemons
– Juice of 2 lemons
– 175g icing sugar
1. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and then pre-heat your oven to 160C.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth
3. Add in the eggs and milk to the mixture making sure it is well mixed.
4. Next add in the flour, Baking Powder, and the lemon zest into the mixture. Mix until well combined
5. Put the mixture into the baking tin smoothing out the top with the back of a spoon or a spatula. Bake that for 40 minutes.
6. Once baked, Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes then pierce it with a fork all over.
7. While you’re allowing time to cool slightly you can mix together the topping ingredients in a bowl.
8. Pour the topping over the whole cake (still in the tin) while the cake is still slightly warm. Allow the cake to fully cool and allow the icing to set, once cool cut into squares and enjoy it.
This cake was amazing! I know i say this a lot but this was really good, the sponge is really light and fluffy and there was just the right amount of lemon in it, I 100% recommend this recipe. Another thing, usually there is a certain taste or texture with gluten free recipes but this one tastes like a normal cake its actually pretty surprising.