I’m back with the second cooking blog of the week. Since its getting closer to pancake Tuesday I thought I’d try this recipe for you all, it just seemed fitting.
- Potato, Grated (I used 3 small/medium sized potatoes)
- Cheese, Grated
- Spring onion, Finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- Start by peeling the potatoes and then grating both the potato and the cheese.
- Place the grated potato onto a clean tea towel and drain out as much liquid as you can.
- Place the drained potato into a large bowl and add in the grated cheese, chopped spring onions, garlic powder, flour, salt and pepper, and the egg. Stir it to combine.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium to high heat. Scoop an even amount of potato mixture and add it into the pan squashing it down with a spoon to flatten it. Cook that until brown (a few minutes on each side)
- Place them onto kitchen roll to dry off some of the excess oil.
I recommend serving them with a sour cream and chive dip, you could make this too but I just bought one from the shop.
I’m actually pretty excited for pancake Tuesday, I have big plans that will hopefully work out for me so I can share it with you guys.