So we are now into February which obviously means Valentines day is almost here so this week im gonna be showing you quick and easy dessert ideas. The first we will make is chocolate mousse which only needs 4 ingredients
3 Eggs (Yolk and white separated)
100ml warm Water
- Place the broken up chocolate and hot water in a heat proof bowl. Heat and melt that over a saucepan with water in it (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water in the pan)
- Once the chocolate has melted remove from the heat and allow it to cool for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the egg yolks and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- In another bowl whisk the egg whites to form soft peaks. Slowly whisk the sugar a little at a time into the mixture until glossy.
- Using a metal spoon add a little of the egg white mixture into the chocolate mix folding it in. Carefully fold in the rest of the egg white mixture.
- Divide the mixture into the ramekins or glasses. Cover them with Clingfilm and chill for 2 hours.
The ramekins I used were pretty small so this mix would have probably done about 6 or 7 of them but I only had 5 then poured the rest into a glass. Hope you liked this quick and simple Mousse for Valentines Day, see you for the next one!