I’ve seen this DIY on the internet quite a lot and I’ve been wanting to try it out for a long time and never really got around to doing it. But finally I’ve done it and it looks so good and it’s pretty easy to do and to get a hold of the materials you need.
You will need:
- Cereal box
- Thick ribbon or washi tape
- Needle and thread
- Marker pens
- Measure the paper onto a side of the cereal box and draw around it making it 5mm larger than the paper.
- Cut out the cereal box and then draw a line down the centre of it and fold along the line making sure the design is to the inside. Fold the paper in half with the cardboard and sew it together to join it.
- To cover up the cereal box design inside I just painted it with blue acrylic paint (it needed a few coats of paint to cover the design.)
- I added some masking tape over the thread at first then i added a thick strip of ribbon to cover up the tape, this just gave the notebook a little decoration. Then i took some marker pens and decorate the outside of the notebook, you can do this however you like.
You can add as much paper inside this as you like but I just wanted a smallish notebook.
I hope you enjoyed this really simple DIY, I’ll see you next time!