I really wanted to try and make my own photo album but I had no idea how to really go about doing that. But I was out shopping and seen a ring binder which got me thinking about using that, so I thought I would try and find a way to make it using the Ring binder which is how I got here.
I will say it’s not the best looking and I would probably try do some things different, but It holds the photos and does its job
You will need:
- A4 Ring binder
- Hole punch
- Poly pockets
- Double sided tape.
- You don’t need to do this step I just wanted the inside of my ring binder to be a different colour so I painted it a lovely purple/blue colour. I also added the word photo album to the front of the binder.
- Use the hole punch on the card and inset them into the ring binder.
- Cut the poly pockets along every side so that you will now have 2 sheets rather than the one poly pocket.
- Using your photo as a size guide cut the poly pocket roughly 1cm larger on each side of the photo except the top.
- Next step is to put double sided tape along the 2 sides and the bottom of the poly pocket and then stick that onto the card depending on the position of the photos.
- Just keep doing this for the rest of your photos.
That was a pretty simple DIY and it’s easy to get a hold of the materials and things that you need for it.
The thing that I would have done differently is switch out the double sided tape for glue so that it wouldn’t be as noticeable, but I’m not sure how it would work out so I might try it whenever I add in more photos to it
Hope you like this post, see you next time.