It was my birthday yesterday and I turned 21! I thought what better way to celebrate that than cookies!
So for todays blog I’ll be sharing another really simple recipe with you. Cookies are a favourite recipe and they’re great for any occasion.
- 250g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 170g butter, melted
- 200g dark brown soft sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Pre heat the oven to 170 C and prepare a tray with greaseproof paper.
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and the salt then set the bowl aside.
- In a medium bowl cream together the melted butter, the brown sugar , and the caster sugar.
- Beat in the vanilla, the egg and the egg yolk until the mix is light and creamy.
- Mix in the sifted ingredients into the other bowl until the mixture is well blended together.
- Stir the smarties in by hand, for this step i kept some smarties whole and chopped some up.
- Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture onto the tray making sure there is plenty of space in between them.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until the edges are slightly crispy. You can also add more smarties for decoration once they are cooked. Allow them to cool before removing them from the greaseproof paper or else they will stick to it and fall apart
This recipe went down really well. The cookies tasted super good and they haven’t lasted that long. At least it’s an easy recipe so I can keep on making it.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe !
See you next time,