I was making these cinnamon rolls for a friend and thought that it would be a great recipe to share with you all!
- 350g Self Raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 100g melted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 200ml milk
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 55g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 125g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Mix flour, salt, sugar, and cinnamon together into a bowl.
- Whisk the butter, egg yolk, and milk together and combine the dry ingredients to that to make a dough.
- Sprinkle the surface with flour and roll the dough out to a rectangle.
- Mix the filling ingredients together and spread it evenly over the dough then roll the dough up to form a log shape.
- Cut into 1 or 2 cm slices and place onto the baking tray. Brush with milk then bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and place the cream cheese and butter into the centre of the bowl then add the water.
- Add extra boiling water a few drops at a time if needed.
- Stir in the vanilla and then drizzle over the cinnamon rolls once they are cooled.
I’m not a big fan of cinnamon but my dad stole a few and he loved them and so did my friend.
Hope you all like this recipe and I’ll see you next time.