i made this last month as a little DIY Christmas gift but i had everything ready to post so i thought i would post it for you now :)!
Plus tablet is for anytime of the year, i absolutely love it so much and now i know how to make it so i’m super happy !
- ¼ Pint of water
- 175g Butter
- 1 lb caster sugar
- 100g Condensed milk
- Using a large pan, Heat the water and then melt the butter in the hot water.
- Before the water reaches boil add the sugar stirring until it is fully dissolved
- Bring the water to the boil for a few minutes and then allow that to simmer, when it’s simmering add in the condensed milk. The mixture should be very light and cream in colour.
- Stirring very often allow the mixture to thicken until it is a caramel colour, The texture should change round about 25-30 minutes
(Be careful because the mix rises quite a bit when simmering)
- Remove from the heat and mix for 5-10 minutes. Pour the mixture into a shallow sided dish (the tablet should be roughly 1cm thick) Allow that to cool for 30 minutes.
Its actually a lot more simple to make than i thought which really surprised me. I don’t know why i haven’t tried making this sooner.
That’s something i want to do in 2017, try a lot more baking and cooking recipes. So I have that to look forward to because there so much cool stuff out there that I’ve never thought of trying !
I hope you enjoyed this blog and i’ll see you next week for another :)!