At the end of 2015 i went through a lot that basically flipped my life upside down. Everything was going to change, things that were normal to me didn’t exist anymore and things that made me happy now just hurt me. I was going to have to try and find myself for the first time in years because i didn’t know who i was on my own. So that was what my goal for 2016 was, try and find out who i really am.
I know this isnt my usual type of blog but since its the start of a New year I thought It would be a good idea to go through the year and look back at how much i have done and how it has helped because the way I am right now is the best I have ever been in my life so far!
– I turned 20 ! Finally had to say goodbye to my teenage years.
– i dyed the ends of my hair. It was something i had wanted to do for ages but i always had something holding me back.
I started Drawing again! Starting up an old hobby helped me more than i thought it would at the time.
Started caring about myself again. i was eating better and making more of an effort with myself
– Started baking again, starting up another hobby added to me feeling better because practising an old skill or starting a new one just adds to feeling more like myself.
– I went to Amsterdam. it was such an amazing and beautiful place that i will definitely be visiting again
– i started crafts again, i made a paper mache dragon which was the first project i had done probably since i left college the year before.
– I went to the beach with friends i met through work which was another great thing to happen. They helped me have a life again which was a great thing for how i was feeling at the time
– I got my very first tattoo !!
i shared the experience with my amazing sister and the reason we got the phoenix was to show that no matter how much we had been hurt in our lives we will always rise back up again and no one can keep us down.
– I started my blog.
looking back you can see how me finding my hobbies again lead to me starting this blog and by starting this its helped me more than anything.
This blog has let me meet so many wonderful people but one person has helped me keep going with this by just giving me constant support and I’m happy to call Laura (SerendipiDIY) a friend. You should go check her out she is an amazing person with a super cool blog!
– i dyed all of my hair. Again it doesn’t seem like much but it was a really big change for me!
– i went to Disneyland Paris for Halloween, it was one of the best experiences of my life as you know if you read my post on it :)!
– I got my hair cut short also doesn’t seem like a big deal but when you have long hair you get attached and getting it cut took a lot for me.
– i had a great Christmas and I’ve gotten a lot closer to my family, mainly my sister and i couldn’t be happier about it.
So here we are at the start of 2017 and I’m still figuring out who i am but i’m loving every minute of it, i can honestly say that i am in such a better place right now than i ever have been and I’m a much better person for the things that have happened to me.
Although at times it can seem like the end of the world all you have to remember is that everything happens for a reason and you can get through it if you believe in yourself!
Thank you all so much for your support during my time of making this blog. You all have kept me going and helped me become who I am today.
This is new for me so i’m going to try out using these and see how it works out for me so you can now follow me on: