First I just want to say I’ve been working the 26th and 27th so I’ve been really tired when I got home so I’m sorry for the late upload.
Next thing is that I really hope you all had an amazing Christmas!
This week I’m going to share with you the recipes that I made to put towards my families Christmas dinner. It’s sort of a tradition that we each have a job to do for the Christmas dinner, so this year I made the soup and a sponge cake for me and my mum (I’m not a big fan of cheesecake) , then my gran did the turkey, my mum cooked the veg, and lastly my sister made her lemon cheesecake. All in the dinner was amazing as always!
I’m not going to write the amounts I used because I was cooking soup for 7 people so I usually just judge it by how many people you’re making it for.
You will need:
- Chicken Stock cubes (dissolved in water according to pack)
- Dissolve the stock cubes in hot water and add that to a large pot over a medium to high heat.
- Add in the lentils
- Peel and then chop the potatoes into medium sized chunks then add them to the soup.
- Peel the carrots chopping a few up and adding them into the soup but also grating some into the soup. Allow the soup to boil until the potato and carrot are soft.
- Once the carrot and potatoes are soft you can now blend the soup.
That’s my Christmas soup, I know it’s really simple but I’m a fussy eater so I like the minimal approach to cooking. Trust me the soup tastes really good and everyone really enjoyed it 😊!
Hope you guys like this, I’ll see you next time with the cake I made for Christmas.