So i’ve seen these all over pinterest and they looked really good so i thought i would give it a try and see how i get on with them!
So the ingredients you will need are:
- Pre heat Oven to 190°C and prepare your cupcake cases onto a tray.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add in the Vanilla and then the eggs to the bowl and mix until smooth.
- Next sift in the flour and cocoa powder a little at a time mixing well.
- Put the mixture into the cupcake cases just over a quarter full.
- Bake for 20- 30 minutes.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a heat proof bowl with a whisk.
- Heat water on the stove until it is simmering.
- Put the bowl with the egg whites over the hot water (make sure the bowl isn’t touching the water) whisking continuously for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat whisking it until it is considerably cooler and thicker.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag with a large round nozzle and pipe it onto the cakes.
I found this part the most difficult to do and because I struggled to do this they don’t look as even as they do on other recipes but when you drop them into the chocolate a lot (like i did) they’re going to lose their shape a little and look pretty odd.
- Using the pan of hot water melt the chocolate in a bowl over the water with a little butter and water
- Once melted put the chocolate into a deep bowl or cup.
- Once the cakes are stiff enough that they won’t fall apart, dip the frosting of the cake into the chocolate covering it completely. (they will run down the sides and it is very messy)
I’ll be honest this one wasn’t one of my favourites, i feel like there was so many steps to make this which is fine but you get to the last part with the chocolate and all they steps can be ruined by dropping it into the chocolate like i did or even the frosting falling apart in the chocolate too. Don’t get me wrong they still tasted good but i just feel like the end result was really messy looking and i like to have my bakes looking good as well as tasting good.
But i hope you guys like this and if you give it a go let me know how you get on i’d love to hear from you!
I’ll see you for the next one,