So I love baking and making desserts, I do it all the time. But something I don’t really try very often is cooking homemade meals and it’s something I really wanted to work on. The internet is filled with amazing recipes just waiting to be found so I want to try a few out.
So on that note this week will be recipes that aren’t desserts and I’ll be practising my cooking skills on recipes that I’ve never made before.
To start that off I’ll be making pumpkin soup
- Start by roasting your pumpkin. To do this heat your oven to 180°C and place your sliced pumpkin onto a tray and sprinkle with oil and season. Cook that for 40 minutes.
- In a large pot over a medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the onions, carrots, and apple until they soften.
- Add in the roasted pumpkin and cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Put the mixture into a blender and puree it, you will probably have to add some of the chicken stock into the blender for it to work properly. Once that’s done add it back into the pot with the chicken stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in the cream and simmer for another 5 minutes lowering the heat so it doesn’t boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
I love this recipe and it’s a nice change from my usual homemade soup.
I hope you like it as much as I did, I’ll see you for the next one,