So as I’ve mentioned before my mum has to have a Gluten free diet due to her being diagnosed with Coeliac Disease so I really like being able to make her foods that she will enjoy. I don’t want her to feel like she’s missing out on anything so I’m making these for her as a little treat because she deserves it.
- Pre heat oven to 180 °C and line the baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, Xanthan gum and baking powder together.
- Add the flour mix to the butter mix and combine. (If needed put the dough in the fridge for a few minutes to harden up.)
- Press the dough into the baking tin and smooth it out as best as you can. Making markings with a fork to help the baking.
- Bake that for 20 minutes or until it is a light brown colour around the edges.
- While the base is in cooking we can make a start on the filling. For this mix all the topping ingredients minus the icing sugar together
- Once the base is cooked pour the topping mix over it and return it to the oven for another 30 minutes or until the centre is set and doesn’t move when you shake the pan.
- Cool for 2 hours in the fridge and then dust with icing sugar.
This was the first time i have ever made lemon bars and i’m pleased with how they turned out. My mum and the rest of my family loved them so that is good enough for me!
Hope you guys liked this post, i’ll see you for the next one