These galaxy jars have been about for a while now but they just look so cool and I’ve always wanted to make them. I think if I ever make them again I’ll buy all different sized jars and have a little collection of them. They are so easy to make and they take such little effort.
For this you’ll need:
- Small Jars with caps
- Cotton wool balls
- Silver glitter
- Food colouring of your choice
- Eye dropper
- To prepare you can start off by colouring your water whatever colour you have chosen
- Add a small amount of glitter to the bottom of the jar and give it a little shake to spread it around.
- Tear up your cotton wool into smaller pieces. Take a few of the pieces of wool and push them into the jar with the stick.
- Then using the eye dropper soak the piece of cotton wool in the coloured water.
- Next add another layer of glitter and repeat the steps of adding the cotton wool and soaking it with the coloured water until the jar is filled to the top with the cotton wool and then secure it with the cork cap. You can also add other colours together to give the jars a different look.
After a while I noticed that the cork lid on the jars soaked up some of the liquid so make sure to fill the jar with cotton wool as much as you can, that way there will be no empty spaces.
I decide to make 4 jars in total. I made a Red, blue, and green in separate jars and then I made a blue and green mixed jar which turned out well. Here are the ones I made:
I plan to buy more jars and food colouring in many different colours so that I can put together lots of these jars. I feel like they are great ways to brighten up a room and they look great!
This was such an easy project and didn’t cost a lot to buy everything in for it. I really enjoyed making these because it’s something I’ve been thinking about doing for months. I’m so glad I started this blog because it’s given me the chance to actually do all these things.
I hope you enjoyed this one as much as I did,.