So I’ve decided to make another wall hanging this week because my mum and dad have actually taken the last one that I made so I had to replace it with something else.
So for this you will need:
- Cardboard box
- 5 Toilet roll tubes
- Glue gun
- Paint (colour of your choice)
Let’s get started!
- Plan out the design and the sizes you want for your wall hanging. This was my plan of rough sizes I had (in the end i decided to add 2 less flowers onto the project because i made it a slightly different shape)
- Draw the shape in the size you want onto the cardboard, I drew mine in two halves and then joined them together later. You will want to draw 2 of the shape one for the back and the other to be the front that will hold the flowers.
- Next thing I did was cut out 4 strips of cardboard 3cm thick and roughly 30cm long these will be used to join the back piece to the front.
- To start making the large flowers flatten the toilet roll tube and mark it with a pencil along every 2 cm then cut the lines using a scalpel. Do this three times and this will provide you with 3 flowers.
- To make the smaller flowers you do the exact same as the larger ones but you cut the toilet roll tube in half first and then measure out 2cm and cut with the scalpel.
- The first thing to glue together is the two halves of the base so now instead of having the four pieces of cardboard you should now have the two longer pieces.
- The next thing I glued was the side strips I had cut out onto the one of the pieces bending it and shaping it to the curves of the cardboard. Once you have that it is much easier to then just glue the other long piece onto the strips. You now have the base to stick the flowers on to.
- Before we move onto gluing the flowers we need to paint them and the base, you can choose whatever colour you want. For the base I chose to colour it black, the smaller flower I went with yellow, and then the larger flowers I went with red.
- Once painted and dried you can make a start on gluing the flowers together. With the smaller one you will want to take one of the strips you have cut form the toilet roll tube and fold it in half and then glue the end together to make a petal shape. Do this with all the smaller petals.
- Once you have all the petals you can now glue them together by adding glue to the centre and adding a petal at a time to make the flower. Do the same with the larger flower by adding the glue to the centre of the first petal and adding the others around it.
- Now that the flowers are glued together we can make a start on gluing them to the base. Again you should arrange them first before you glue anything down and then once you are happy with how they look you can glue them into place.
- The last thing to do is attach your string onto the back with the glue gun so that you can hang it on the wall.
So there we have the final project.
I really like this one, it’s a good way to add a bit of colour into a room. Well I hope you enjoyed this project, I’ll see you next week.